Episode 9: “Hey Maarten, what is biometrics and what can we expect from it?”
Maarten Mijwaart from SecIndGroup.com tries answering questions that are relevant to the security industry.
This week’s question: What is biometrics? And what can we expect from in in security in the upcoming years?
Note: I consider biometrics a singular noun in this case. 😉
Biometrics in security refers to any technology that is used to identify a person using one or more physical characteristics of that person.
In this video I try and answer a few questions about biometrics in security that are related to each other:
- What is biometrics?
- Why are biometric technologies popular in access control?
- Which forms of biometrics are popular in security?
- What should you consider when selecting a biometric system?
- What can we expect from biometrics in the future?
Considerations mentioned in the video:
- Cost effectiveness
- Enrollment procedure
- Accuracy: False Acceptance Rate and False Rejection Rate
- User experience
This video represents my personal view. You may very well disagree or have complementary remarks. Let me know!
Biometric products on SecIndGroup.com: