Simply stick on. Protect against viruses: dormakaba Copper-Tape
SecIndGroup.com has previously reported about a variety of innovations from several security vendors to help combat the COVID-19 pandemic. The globaly security solutions provider from Switzerland just released information about a new product that looks deceivingly simple, but could be a major asset in virus protection.
International studies have repeatedly proven that copper has antiviral, antibacterial and fungicidal characteristics, shortening the half-life of viruses, bacteria and fungi. With the dormakaba copper-tape, these positive characteristics can be transferred easily onto any kind of door handle and thereby protect from the deposition of viruses and bacteria.
Advantages at a glance
- The copper-tape kills viruses (incl. Covid-19) and bacteria up to 99,98% within seven minutes
- Longtime protection guaranteed when regularly cleaned
- Ideal for use in high-traffic environments
- Easy to remove
- Seven times higher protection than normal copper
- Can be cut individually according to customer request
Regularly remove superficial dirt from the copper-tape with a soft brush. In the case of heavy soiling that cannot be removed, the tape should be replaced with a spare one to restore optimal effectiveness. The oxidation of copper is a natural process.