This large manufacturing company, part of a larger international organisation, is currently looking for an experienced Network Engineer. Proven knowledge and experience in SAP BASIS is an advantage. This is a preferred Affirmative Action role, in line with the companyâs ongoing focus on meaningful transformation.
Overall Job Purpose:
- Primary purpose – manage and control all Administrative and Network Engineering requirements that will include; Hardware; Software and Systems applications across the organization.
- Secondary purpose of this role is to:
- Assist in the co-ordination of IT Service Delivery to internal business users by:
- SAP Basis Administration;
- Point of contact for network, communications and infrastructure related issues;
- Providing first level support to end-users;
- Service providers adhere to IT processes and agreed SLAs.
Essential Qualifications Required:
- Diploma/Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science with majors in Computer Networks or Programming.
- Diploma/Higher Certificate in PC and Server Engineering.
- TOGAF 9 Certification.
- A+ Certification.
- MCSE (Cloud & Infrastructure).
- Networking (N+) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- MCSD and MS SharePoint.
- SAP Certification.
Essential Experience Required. Exposure to:
- SAP BASIS experience.
- Cisco Networking, Desktop and HP Server Hardware experience.
- Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewall, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, VoIP.
- Practical experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, VPN, etc.
- VMware (Vsphere) experience.
- Veeam back-up and replication.
- Video conferencing (Polycom or Cisco).
- Microsoft Office 365 and/or Skype for Business implementation & support.
- Fortigate Firewall implementation & support.
- Symantec antivirus implementation & support.
- Windows Servers 2012 R2 and Hyper V, System Centre 2012/2016.
- HP Storgate systems (including Cloud & Flash Array storage).
This role is accountable for the following:
- Network Architectural Designs (Topologies).
- Network hardware (HP/Cisco Switches, Routers, Hubs, cabling, cabinets).
- Network software (Active Directory, Domain Controller, Operating Systems).
- Server Hardware (HP).
- Information Security (Firewall, Antivirus).
- Communications (E-mail, Video conferencing).
- Communications (VoIP/Skype).
- Communications (Cellular & Data Services).
- End-user Productivity software (MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Access)
- SAP Basis administration.
- Define Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Assist in the initiation and follow-up on Management of Change (MoC) until approval.
- Initiate and manage minor IT Projects from start to finish in accordance with IT Project Management (ITPM).
- Implementation of Information security standards and procedures.
- SAP system installation, upgrades, configuration, monitoring.
- SAP system checks – logs, back-ups, locks, database, servers troubleshooting, etc.
- SAP End User Support.
- Data Exports.
- IT Daily Checks – Network monitoring; Back-up monitoring; SAP Systems Monitoring and Server monitoring.
- IT Asset Management.
- IT Facilities Management, ensuring physical security and 5S compliance.
- IT Licenses Management.
- SQL Server Reporting Services implementation.
- Procurement of system hardware and software.
HSSE & Quality Accountabilities:
- Comply with the company Health, Safety, Environmental, Security plans and procedures.
- Participate in Weekly Toolbox Talks (TBT) and monthly IT Safety Walks.
- Report HSSE risks and follow-up on remediation’s.
- Report non-conformance to quality standards and follow-up on remediation’s.
- Advice on HSSE issues in MoC approval meetings.
- Identify risks when new IT systems and/or business processes are being introduced.
- Ensure systems in the area of responsibility don’t compromise any HSSE requirements.
- Ensure proper housekeeping (5S) in IT Office, Data Centre, IT Training Rooms and Storeroom.
Essential Knowledge & Skills Required:
- SAP BASIS.
- PC hardware fundamentals.
- Network hardware fundamentals.
- IT support processes.
- Server Virtualisation.
- Ability to work in a team environment and individually with minimum supervision.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Individual & team communication.
Please note, if you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Source: Job Mail RSS feed